Monday, March 13, 2006

Reminded of the past...

Just this weekend a friend of mine asked me for the name of the company I purchased a t-shirt quilt from. I heard about the t-shirt quilts and couldn't wait for the opportunity to purchase one. As my daughter was finishing her senior year, I began my search for different companies/vendors creating the quilts. My search led me to Deaf Initiatives, Inc.

http://www.t-shirtquilts.com

I began emailing them back and forth and felt very comfortable with sending them our t-shirts filled with memories. They offered wonderful ideas on layouts, send fabric samples for the backing, trim, etc. Then, after they did the layout, the sent a .jpg file to me via email with how the blanket looked for final approval. The whole process took just a few weeks. When the quilt finally came, it was beautifully boxed with a ribbon. I would definely recommend this company to create your t-shirt quilt. They make great gifts for graduations, coaches, sport enthusiasts, or other very special events.

As a side note, proceeds of the sale of the t-shirt quilt through Deaf Initiatives support projects and services which strengthen the potential of the deaf and hard of hearing youth.